Do You need to apply for a Student Visa extension?
As a student, you must hold a valid student visa while studying in Australia. You need to obtain an Australian student visa extension if, and for any reason:
- your current student visa expires before the completion of any given course you’ve enrolled in.
- you have submitted your postgraduate research thesis
- you are going to start a new course of study
How to extend student visa in Australia
The documents required to extend your student visa in Australia will differ depending on your country of origin and the educational institution you have enrolled in.
Basically, you will need these documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Passport Identity Page
- National Identity Card
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- English language requirements
- Evidence of Health OSHC Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the visa
- Medical Examination
- Financial Requirements
- Personal statement including the reason why you’re extending your studies
So, to continue studying in Australia you will have to go through the whole student visa application process.
We recommend you renew your current visa at least 6 weeks months before it expires, to avoid last-minute delays and unpleasant surprises.
- If you’re applying inside Australia, you’ll be granted a Bridging Visa A (BVA). It allows you to lawfully reside in Australia while your visa is processing and will come into effect once your current student visa expires.
- If you’re applying outside Australia, you’ll have to wait till your student visa application is approved before re-entering Australia.
What about the student visa extension fee?
Renewing your visa will cost you AU$ 620, the equivalent of US$ 453.68
If you need any assistance to extend your student visa, feel free to contact our education consultants at your convenience!